Inline turbo filter?

This is a discussion on Inline turbo filter? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I was talking to a friend that works at a maintenance shop and he said that he recently ...

Inline turbo filter?

Hey guys,

I was talking to a friend that works at a maintenance shop and he said that he recently got a paper about an inline filter for the turbo (I'm guessing an oil filter) and it is supposed to be checked about every oil change. I have looking on the net, in the service book and on this forum but haven't been able to find anything on it. Does anybody have any idea if there is one? Thank you for your help!

-Jaden

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes...subaru just came out with like a bulletin or something i was reading it the other day...Its a little filter in the bango bolt for the oil feed line to the turbo.... I cant find the exact bulletin or whatever it was...I think i read it on Subarunet...anyways take a look here this might be able to answer some of your questions.. Turbo oil-feed / AVCS line replacement - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

Thanks for finding that post EvoEatr, that helped alot. It only took about an hour to get out, clean, and reinstall.

good to hear...anything to prolong the life of that turbo...lord knows its under some serious temperatures and pressures...