Help!engine management light

This is a discussion on Help!engine management light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi,this is my 1st post,just bought myself a 52 plate wrx with prodrive kit,otherwise completely standard.Only had car a few ...

Help!engine management light

Hi,this is my 1st post,just bought myself a 52 plate wrx with prodrive kit,otherwise completely standard.Only had car a few weeks and engine managment lights been coming on 90% of the time.Took it into stealership today to be told the high flow cat has been removed causing lack of power and the eml to come on as a standard cat is now fitted.found this hard to believe (800 plus vat) so went round to workshop and spoke to mechanic there who tried to flog me a prodrive cat which was fine until i happened to say it was a wrx,which he then told me he never realised and the cat on the car IS the correct one!what kind of scooby mechanic doesnt know a wrx from sti?anyway reset fault codes,checked boost is at 15-16 psi,went away with light off,10 mins later lights back on.dont notice much diff in power when light is off,feels like 180-200bhp not 250 odd.any ideas?i think maybe maf or lambda sensors but dont know....they checked timing which was ok too

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't want to steer you away, but we have a majority of knowledge on USDM cars.

http://www.sidc.co.uk/
    ScoobyNet
    Welcome to Scoobycity - The Subaru Owners Club

Would all be able to help better.

If your car is younger than 2002, the majority of us would be at a loss because we have only had the WRX since 2002 here in the states.

One question though... do you have the actual P0 code from the Check Engine light? We may be able to help out with that, and the year and modifications done to your vehicle
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Thanks,i'll give that a try,dont have the code forgot to ask!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstu82 View Post
    Thanks,i'll give that a try,dont have the code forgot to ask!
    Good luck!!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!