too late for seafoam?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on too late for seafoam? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've used seafoam in few of my cars and always had great results, but all of those engines have had ...

too late for seafoam?

I've used seafoam in few of my cars and always had great results, but all of those engines have had less than 70k miles on the engine.
    My wrx has 114K and I want to try cleaning it out with seafoam, but im worried that i may cause problems. I've heard that seafoam sometimes clears a carbon deposit thats actually keeping the engine from leaking. Do you think my wrx is young enough for it or should i just leave it the way it is? There aren't any current problems, and im a little hesitant to fix what isn't broken..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

with that mileage, personally I would prob go ahead and do it....Ive seafoamed my Legacy at over 200,000 miles with no problems and excellant results, not to mention I constantly do Intake/Fuel Injection Flushes on cars with similar amounts of mileage to yours...I think you should be fine...How are you talking about doing the seafoaming? Engine oil? Intake? Fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    How are you talking about doing the seafoaming? Engine oil? Intake? Fuel?
    i was planning to do a little everywhere. one in the gas tank, half in the intake, and half in the oil

yea I think you should be good...Like i mentioned ive done all 3 systems in my Legacy with over 200k...

from what i read, you never want to put an engine cleaner like that on a engine with a turbo because it will loosen up carbon build up and put it through the turbo. I know i personally put some fuel line cleaner in my 02' wrx with 150K. Smoke came out of my tailpipe for a week and then a month later or so my turbo stopped working. I'm not saying that the fuel line cleaner broke my turbo, but all that smoke coming out of my tail pipe couldn't have been very good.

Here is a link that i found under someone that has allot of useful info about turbo's

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.