Brake In?

This is a discussion on Brake In? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay I have been Confused about this whole brake in period thing. I have search and read that some people ...

Brake In?

Okay I have been Confused about this whole brake in period thing. I have search and read that some people have followed the manual and some did a hard break in.

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

I would Like to know if anyone followed the "hard" break in. And have you had any problems with your rex.

I would also like to know who have followed the manual (wait until 1K miles then go over 4k rpm)

Again, I have search and I and yet still confused about this. Someone please clear this up for me! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Subaru have more experience, particularly in building Subarus, than anyone, including the author from that link.

Someone please clear this up for me! Thanks!
    Subaru have cleared this up definitively IMO. They give specific instructions. I followed them. I trusted them to build a car correctly so I trust they know how to break in their own motors.

Again, I cannot name a motor builder with more experience in building Subarus than... Subaru. I'm open to suggestions if anyone else can...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

brake in?

I for one did not follow the manual's break-in procedures.
    i owned 09 wrx sedan (build date 07/08) 8,000 + miles already.since the day i got the car been driving it so hard.wht can i say "i can't control myself every time i drive this beast".

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i followed the manual's break in period as well. it's there for a reason

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Ah okay. That would make more sense. Thanks guys/gals!