no boost (0.5 bar ?)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on no boost (0.5 bar ?) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; from what i know i have no boost leaks although the pipes coming from the bov ar making a hissing ...

no boost (0.5 bar ?)

from what i know i have no boost leaks although the pipes coming from the bov ar making a hissing sound but have always done this.
    my car is a wrx wagon 1995 model modifications as follows:
    cat back s/s exhaust (scorpion)
    hks mushroom filter
    u8 ecu for the td05 mines is waiting for the td05 to be installed
    i still had the same problem before i changed the ecu i have also changed the following:
    maf sensor
    coolant temp sensor
    idle control valve
    boost solenoid ( 3 times )
    fan switch
    spark plugs (this morning)
    car was running at full boost ( 0.8 bar ) after changing the spark plugs after reseting the ecu but ran on full boost for about 20 miles as opposed to the usual 10 minutes i have noticed that the boost cut comes in mostly when the car is under load eg: when going up a hill in 3rd gear at 2500 rpm with gradual throttle , at first i thought about detonation or pre-ignition when under load but the old spark plugs colour was in really good condition and i dont get any codes for the knock sensor and u cant hear it pinging either it runs as sweet as a nut on and off boost cut no missfires when full boost no missfires in safe mode either. the boost just drops from 0.8 to 0.5 whenever it feels like it and it is definately not overboosting and my solenoid is plumbed in correctly with no oil coming from the compressor housing through the tube and engine oil is at the half way mark , i also use BP102 ( bp's new 102 octane fuel) so its defo not bad fuel it also does this with optimax , vpower , and bp102 and bp ultimate
    sorry for the long post guys , am sure it will make an interesting read cheers guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone ?

notice evrytime i reset ecu that boost comes back but goes back to 0.5 again after about an hour ?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You may not get an answer because most of us only have experience and knowledge of 2002+ USDM models.

damit , i went out today and i was getting ptfb so i adjusted my actuator back again and same thing i just lost boost dont know if its detonating , no fault codes it just goes into limp mode ? would a bad 02 sensor cause this as i had a code for that a while back but i rest the ecu and it hasnt come back for about a month ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.