WRX/Forester Motor Mounts

This is a discussion on WRX/Forester Motor Mounts within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The Motor Mounts on my girlfriends 2000 forester are bad. The dealer wants to charge me 0 for oem new ...

WRX/Forester Motor Mounts

The Motor Mounts on my girlfriends 2000 forester are bad. The dealer wants to charge me $190 for oem new mounts. I was thinking if I got a set of group n's for my 2002 wrx (which I want at some point anyways) that I could possibly use the stock mounts from my wrx which are obviously used but in fine shape for her 2000 forester. I have tried researching this online but have had trouble figuring out if the mounts for our cars are compatible. Does anyone have any idea if this can be done?
    Last edited by sdlocsrf; 06-18-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: left out car details

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I can't find the Subaru part numbers, but I went on sites that sell aftermarket OEM replacements and the part numbers for those were the same.

I was seeing the same thing. I guess not being able to find the subaru part #'s had me a little nervous. Is probably just fine. I will take a peak under the forester tonight and see if it looks the same. Thanks for having a look.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sdlocsrf View Post
    I was seeing the same thing. I guess not being able to find the subaru part #'s had me a little nervous. Is probably just fine. I will take a peak under the forester tonight and see if it looks the same. Thanks for having a look.
    You can always call the dealer doing the work and ask them if the part numbers are the same.