Dead End..Need Help PLZ!!

This is a discussion on Dead End..Need Help PLZ!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys i really need help. i'm running into some issues with my '06 wrx. i got a perrin gt30r ...

Dead End..Need Help PLZ!!

hey guys i really need help. i'm running into some issues with my '06 wrx. i got a perrin gt30r turbo and a cobb v2 unit, 850cc injectors, perrin fmic, etc. i noticed my car lagging around last week. it feels like it doesnt want to accelerate after 3000 rpm. it can only boost up to .5 bars which is only half of wht it shold be. i just swapped out the spark plugs today and that didn't help. it still feels the same. has anyone else run into this problem? is it fuel, or is it internal? please any help would be greatly apprecited. i don't want to rebuild the engine again. thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you tuned? or just flashed?
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Probably the boost control system - check the solenoid and lines, wastegate actuator.
    Last edited by mycologist; 06-17-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I'm currently running on a flashed/cloned map with another wr with the same setup. As for the solenoid or wastegate actuator goes I'm kinda lost

I Support ClubWRX

See posts #4 & #6
    2002 WRX ECU Question...

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice picture. Wish we had that years ago.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Nice picture. Wish we had that years ago.
    Yeah, IIRC it is from Cobb.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KaZoKu'sWRX View Post
    I'm currently running on a flashed/cloned map with another wr with the same setup. As for the solenoid or wastegate actuator goes I'm kinda lost
    No no no no no no!! That's a BAD idea! Every car is different and needs their own tune. You cannot share custom maps like that! This could lead to motor damage.

I Support ClubWRX
    hey guys i really need help. i'm running into some issues with my '06 wrx. i got a perrin gt30r turbo and a cobb v2 unit, 850cc injectors, perrin fmic, etc. i noticed my car lagging around last week. it feels like it doesnt want to accelerate after 3000 rpm. it can only boost up to .5 bars which is only half of wht it shold be. i just swapped out the spark plugs today and that didn't help. it still feels the same. has anyone else run into this problem? is it fuel, or is it internal? please any help would be greatly apprecited. i don't want to rebuild the engine again. thank you
    Sounds like your car has dropped IAM/DAM.You gotta pay to play.Either take your car in to a tuner shop or learn to use a datalogging program.Diagnosing a car over the interweb is not easy especially with a someone not car-savy........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

so i just came back from a tuner shop today. he took a look at my engine and he said that there were a few things wrong under the hood. overall he wouldn't really tell me exactly but he deos know what's going on. i would have to spend at least $1000 bucks to get an open-source tune and fix what's wrong. hey donkey what exactly is IAM/DAM? unfortunately i'm still new to subies but i'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the car running right.

I Support ClubWRX
    so i just came back from a tuner shop today. he took a look at my engine and he said that there were a few things wrong under the hood. overall he wouldn't really tell me exactly but he deos know what's going on. i would have to spend at least $1000 bucks to get an open-source tune and fix what's wrong. hey donkey what exactly is IAM/DAM? unfortunately i'm still new to subies but i'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the car running right.
    Okay....you said you have the Cobb AP2.So who them made the map for your car?Cobb doesn't make an off the shelf map for a gt30.Are you using a Perrin map?Not sure why you need an Opensource tune if your using the Cobb AP with an appropriate map and the car was running fine.No offense but your going to get taken for a ride if you have no idea about these cars or cars in general.Your the type of guys tuners love to see because you make their wallet fat............
    Last edited by Donkey; 06-17-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

no he already told me what it is. basically if i want to sell the cobb ap i can, and they just simply tune the car from my factory ecu. they are also certified cobb tuners but they do both kinds of tuning.pretty much the guys who worked on my car before didn't know what they did on some parts of the car and he noticed that some parts needed to be swapped or moved. i wouldn't think he's trying to rip me off since he's good friends and also drifts with my cousin.check out his shop's site it's called engine logics they're located in houston.