new owner with a question"cylinder one misfire"

This is a discussion on new owner with a question"cylinder one misfire" within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I have had it for two months the check engine light cam on so my friend plugged it in ...

new owner with a question"cylinder one misfire"

Well I have had it for two months the check engine light cam on so my friend plugged it in and it said cylinder one misfire. I replaced the plugs checked cylinder one with a compression tester and I had 125 psi The wires dont seem to bad. Also I am retarded to the turbo world and thought i had a recirculating hks bov and its not. So do you think I hurt anything? And maybe have a stockie for sale?? Sorry if I sound dumb I have been a N.A. rotary guy since I got into cars.... Thanks for anyones input....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxLove02 View Post
    Well I have had it for two months the check engine light cam on so my friend plugged it in and it said cylinder one misfire. I replaced the plugs checked cylinder one with a compression tester and I had 125 psi The wires dont seem to bad. Also I am retarded to the turbo world and thought i had a recirculating hks bov and its not. So do you think I hurt anything? And maybe have a stockie for sale?? Sorry if I sound dumb I have been a N.A. rotary guy since I got into cars.... Thanks for anyones input....
    I'd take the BOV off too but it probably isn't related.

It could just be bad gas. I have also heard of problems with the crank position sensor. For '02 someone mentioned a reflash is available from the dealer for misfire issues as well.

I'm going to move this to troubleshooting, hopefully you will get more input there.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I'd take the BOV off too but it probably isn't related.

It could just be bad gas. I have also heard of problems with the crank position sensor. For '02 someone mentioned a reflash is available from the dealer for misfire issues as well.

I'm going to move this to troubleshooting, hopefully you will get more input there.
    Thanks for your help anyone. Yeah I am trying to get a stock bov right now. and you just take it to the dealer and get it flashed??

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxLove02 View Post
    Thanks for your help anyone. Yeah I am trying to get a stock bov right now. and you just take it to the dealer and get it flashed??
    I would call them first.

Any chance you have a lightened flywheel or pulley?

There are a ton of things that could be going on though - plugs, fuel pressure, dirty injectors, dirty MAF (do you have a stock intake?), vacuum leak.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Try swapping #1 and #3 coil packs and see if the misfire follows the coilpack. Free and easy way to eliminate one of the many possibilies. Did your friend clear the code? Did it come back?

Just in case you dont know the cylinder #'s...

3 4

1 2

front of car
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 06-15-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Yeah we cleared it and it came back. Than I put cleaner in it and it went away so I think I might need to change my injectors