Headlight out

This is a discussion on Headlight out within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My left headlight is out. However the brights still work. So I replaced the headlight with a new one and ...

Headlight out

My left headlight is out. However the brights still work. So I replaced the headlight with a new one and it did not work either. Then I replaced the fuse and it still did not work. Any ideas? I don't want to pay alot money to get this fixed. Electrical problem maybe? My car is a 2002 subaru outback wagon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

maybe a loose electrical connection? with the headlights on shake the wires around a little where the headlight connector contacts the bulb...you are talking about the Drivers Side lowbeam headlight ONLY not working correct? Its a shot in the dark but I assume you could have gotten a bad bulb...thankfully these headlights arent that bad to replace...Personally If I where you and youve already replaced the bulb I would swap bulbs from left to right and see if it works than...If not than I would go from there...

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

I had a loose connection in my fog lights. Good thing my dad is an electrician. It happens.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I'm having the same problem in my '02. Both headlights won't fire low beams but the brights and fog lamps work fine. Also popped in a brand new bulb with the same result. This just started yesterday...what gives??
    Last edited by mike523; 06-18-2009 at 08:48 AM.

if your sure that the bulbs are good and all fuses are good and wiggling wires doesnt seem to do anything...with the headlights on (lowbeams) you can check for power and ground at the headlight connectors....however im thinking this may be a switch/ wiring problem from the means that they BOTH arent working...

weird, went out to mess with it today and found that the driver's side low beam is now working but the passenger side isn't. i removed the passenger side bulb and verified that it doesn't appear to be burned out or anything and high beams still work over there as well.

Problem fixed. I think the guy tried to change the Brights instead of the low beams. But we put in a new left bulb and then the right side did not work? So we put in a new right bulb and now they both work. Weird? But they all work now.