gray oil, white smoke coming out of exhaust

This is a discussion on gray oil, white smoke coming out of exhaust within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 04 STi which i recently put a new turbo on, its a stock turbo. Before when i ...

gray oil, white smoke coming out of exhaust

I have an 04 STi which i recently put a new turbo on, its a stock turbo. Before when i had the old one it was making lots of white smoke come out of the exhaust but when i put the new one in i also noticed some king of thik grayish oild coming out of the exhaust and way more white smoke. Its only been getting worse and its spitting up more and more oil from exhaust. Any ideas what it might be????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YB2FAST View Post
    I have an 04 STi which i recently put a new turbo on, its a stock turbo. Before when i had the old one it was making lots of white smoke come out of the exhaust but when i put the new one in i also noticed some king of thik grayish oild coming out of the exhaust and way more white smoke. Its only been getting worse and its spitting up more and more oil from exhaust. Any ideas what it might be????
    White smoke usually indicates that you are burning coolant. Could be a headgasket....try smelling the smoke...
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by YB2FAST View Post
    since a new turbo just went on the car hopefully there is not any seal problem within the turbo happening.
    Also the head gasket may be done, as wrx0131 mentioned.
    Hopefully the problem is neither of these and is something i don't know about b/c both will hit ur wallet pretty good.
    Who wants to have some FUN!
    ---Stink-Eye Mob #26---