Subaru WRX Forum banner

Hot weather...

12K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  WRXie 
#1 ·
My car runs like **** in this hot weather (75+ degrees). My turbo spools later and my car feels slow as hell. Is it just me or what??

#9 ·
I hate it too. But it doesn't slow me down enough. This civic annoyed the crap out of me, coming in a parking lot and blasting its music. Unlucky for him, we left the dinner place together. He tried to cover up that I kinda kicked his a** without an even an effort but I knew. :wiggles:

What exactly does the hot weather affect?

#14 ·
I think those sun reflectors only work when it's sunny. Tinted windows definitely dont work lol.

The best thing to do is park your car in the shade or leave your windows slightly open.

I actually saw this fan that they sold on TV that you put on your window that keeps your car cool. Dont know if it works though...

#24 ·
Bigger hood scoop and better air divertor plates help along with heat wrapping aftermarket downpipes and turbo blankets.Heatsoak only really is a problem in stop and go traffic.Once your moving it goes away.

#27 ·
I got in my car earlier for work and it was reading 93 out, i could deff. feel the lag and how it hesitates when its hot...last night it was average like 83 out and 83 feels a hell of alot better than 93, so anything below 75 for me would feel amazing

#29 ·
We had a severe heat warning today. And it was only 96!

However, for some reason my car has been getting damn good gas mileage. I have a quarter tank left and have gone 300 miles already. Definitely excited. :)

#31 ·
Not really. Most of my driving is city driving. Usually, about once a week, I'll go to Nashville, which is about 80 miles there and back total, but since my air isn't working currently, I've been with my windows down, which totally kills gas mileage. Last tank was almost 27mpg!

My plan is to make it to Six flags sometime soon. Maybe next week, since I have a 4 day weekend! I haven't been in a while. Do you guys have a water park?

#32 ·
Tell me about it, I drive with my windows down 24/7...even when it rains hard because with this hot weather, my windows fog up, and since the AC doesnt work, neither does my defogger lol...

Yea the six flags in NJ has the water park Hurricane Harbor. I been to it too many times and got bored of it lol. I like the park better. We have a ride called King Da Ka; Its the fastest/tallest roller coaster in the world. OMG...its super fast!
It goes from 0-128mph in 3.5 seconds. The G force is unbelievable!

They also have a safari as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.