stumbles when accelerating hard in rain

This is a discussion on stumbles when accelerating hard in rain within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; it only happens when its either raining or after a car wash. it runs fine as long as i take ...

stumbles when accelerating hard in rain

it only happens when its either raining or after a car wash. it runs fine as long as i take it easy but once i get on the gas it will stumble and loose power but then catches itself. right after a CEL code comes on and its either a misfire in one of the pistons or a MAF code comes on. i just installed a new MAF sensor and it still did it again 2 weeks later. i have an 02 wrx with an aem short ram intake sti block swapped due to a cracked motor block 2 years ago when someone tried to steal it and didnt make it down the street before crackin the block and jsut recently installed an hks uppipe removing the o2 sensor but the problem was there before the installation of the uppipe..... any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've had a similar problem with my Cobb SF intake. My tuner (Jorge @ P&L) explained to me that it's condensation on the MAF sensor that essentially causes a short in the electrical signal from the sensor. That's what makes it stumble. Apparently there's not real solution other than going back to the stock intake. Once the car is warmed up, and the moisture on the sensor has evaporated, you should be fine. I suppose you could give it a good couple minutes for warm-up time and you'd be good to go also.
    Hope this helps.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods