Stuck Valve?

This is a discussion on Stuck Valve? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; CEL, again... The dealership says that I may have a couple of stuck valves in cylinders 2 and 4. I ...

Stuck Valve?

CEL, again...

The dealership says that I may have a couple of stuck valves in cylinders 2 and 4. I need some advice pertaining to this. The mechanic at the dealership said that I might be able to use some decarbonization methods in the fuel and air intake systems to get them unstuck. Does anyone have anything they recommend?

If not, they said that I need new heads. They quoted me $3500 to do this, and I don't want to spend that :-/ Anyone know if this is a difficult replacement, and how much I'd be investing into it? I'm pretty mechanically inclined, just don't know much about the boxer engine yet.

Oh, and its a '02 WRX with 75k on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What was the DTC/CEL?Did they do a compression or leakdown test?Seafoam or BG44K is what I recommend for combustion cleaning and fuel injector treatment.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

P0202 and P0204 I believe. Whatever the misfire codes are for cylinders 2 and 4.

Someone else recommended Seafoam, so I think I'll try that.

Thanks for the quick response.