whats wrong with this thing!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on whats wrong with this thing!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey im brandon and this thread is on behalf of my friend cus hes too ''cool'' to sign up to ...

whats wrong with this thing!!!

hey im brandon and this thread is on behalf of my friend cus hes too ''cool'' to sign up to a forum i guess haha. ne way. its an 04 wrx w/ a sti short block, wrx heads, brian crower valve springs and 272 cams, stock wrx injectors, walbro 255 pump, full turbo back exhaust, ebay turbo inlet hose, short ram, factory top mount, factory bov, f1 flywheel and some off brand stage 2 clutch. we put the motor in about 5k miles ago, and when we were breaking it in it ran really good with a break in tune, and after he broke it in he beat the **** out of it, and i mean beat!! then after 2k miles the car would chug and miss everytime he would get close to boost, 1-3 inhg and even worse on boost. we checked the codes and sure enough all 4 cyl are missing. we cleared it and it came back within 5 min. so we go to the tune place and get another map put on. still doesnt solve the problem. then he decides to get a dyno tune. possibly the most dissapointing thing ive ever seen...... 37 hp at 4k rpm!!!!! the afr was all over the place when he hit boost. we have checked almost everything we can. has anyone had a similar problem to this? ive done a compression test on it and mad sure no vacuum lines were disconnected or loose. right now i think its a fueling issue or unless the ckp or cmp is telling all 4 plugs to miss. im out of ideas. someone please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    clean MAF

replace Fuel Filter, check pressure

clean injectors

check sparkplugs

clean grounds on manifold
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Check the Crank Position Sensor. I had a similar missing problem over a year ago and it turned out to be a faulty sensor. GL
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

ive cleaned the maf, replaced the fuel filter, checkd and re-gaped plugs, and cleaned all the grounds. when you ohmed the ckp what was the value you got?

Quote Originally Posted by innes887 View Post
    ive cleaned the maf, replaced the fuel filter, checkd and re-gaped plugs, and cleaned all the grounds. when you ohmed the ckp what was the value you got?
    When I took my car to the shop they had no idea what was wrong with it.
    That night I went over EVERYTHING under the hood and found that the Crank Position Sensor plug was cracked and would not stay on securely, so I replaced it and have yet to have any missing or hesitation problems.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless you have a way to datalog the car diagnosing this over the internet is not going to be quick or efficient at any means...........could be tons of things.Check compression,do a leak down test,check cam timing,boost leak test,vacuum leak test...........ect.The ability to datalog the car makes it 10x easier to find out whats going on.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

yeah datalog would be alot easier but i dont hav access to all those tools. we did a compression test a few days ago and it checked out fine. a variance of 5 psi across all cylinders and the avg was 145. i just ohmd the ckp and it gave me 2.3k ohms. does anyone know the spec?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.