Slight lagging while accelerating

This is a discussion on Slight lagging while accelerating within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I'm totally new to these forums, and pretty new to WRX ownership, so bear with me. While accelerating ...

Slight lagging while accelerating

Hey everyone, I'm totally new to these forums, and pretty new to WRX ownership, so bear with me.

While accelerating in my 2008 WRX sedan, i've noticed a very slight lag in acceleration around 2000-4000 RPMs. It almost feels like something in the car is slipping for a second, before picking right back up again. I haven't installed any performance parts, the car is completely stock.

Any idea what this might be? The only thing I could think of is it might be a transmission problem, but I find that unlikely, considering the car only has 15,000 miles on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its called turbo lag, and its normal. it should start boosting around 3,000

I guess I should add that I just started to notice it... This wasn't occurring when I first got the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    automatic or manual?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

manual

I Support ClubWRX
    Well it's still under warranty right?Unfortunately you really have given any concrete information.Turbocharged cars(well all cars technically) also like cold weather so maybe the change in temps is what your noticing. Colder air = denser air = more power.Warmer weather also doesn't allow the TMIC to be as effective either.
    Last edited by Donkey; 06-02-2009 at 06:56 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

yea thats what i was gonna say also. being in Louisiana, my car hates the weather right now.