whats wrong???????? (&*&*($#
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on whats wrong???????? (&*&*($# within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So recently i just bought a 2004 sti with 67k miles it has a brand new stock turbo, invidia downpipe, ...

whats wrong???????? (&*&*($#

So recently i just bought a 2004 sti with 67k miles it has a brand new stock turbo, invidia downpipe, greddy exhaust, megan headers, kn intake, runnin 17.5 psi on it and within a week. the turbo manifold cracked i drove it a couple times with it like that and then parked it for a week. so then i installed a new turbo manifold today and busted the rear cam seal on accident it did spray oil all over my new header while the car was running . so i fixed the rear cam seal today and i start my car and white smoke is coming out the exhaust pretty heavy. I did notice the white smoke before the headers too but not nearly as bad. i feel no loss in power and car pulls strong as ever and the oil seems fine. the car doesnt overheat, but the smoke at idle is pretty bad even when i rev it and i noticed a good bit of moisture coming from the tailpipe . I already checked the pcv valve under the intercooler. does anyone have any advice on this??????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What does it smell like?Either it smells like burnt oil or it will smell sweet like maple syrup(coolant).Could be a blown headgasket.Check your coolant level and oil.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

it really doesnt have a distinct smell but like i said moisture in tailpipe and my oil is fine. my coolant is slightly low in resovoir tank

i put a little bit of water in it not to long ago... but that wouldnt cause this though right?

Its prob the smoke burning on the header from when you busted the cam seal, your wondering about the smoke?

yeah but white smoke is still coming out the exhaust how long would it take to come out?

its definetly oil coming out the tailpipe and my car today threw a check engine code im going to check the compression here in a sec

i just got done doing the compression test and the results

cylinder 1: 125
    cylinder 2: 125
    cylinder 3: 125
    cylinder 4: 125
    and the spark plugs look fine!
    i dont know what else to check?????

how many miles have you driven with the smoke, daily driving or has it been sitting? What color is the smoke white?
    Waht is the oil level in you engine/tranny/radaitor?
    I had a head gasket blow in an old car, same thing, are u over heating?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.