coolant level

This is a discussion on coolant level within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, i have a 1997 subaru wrx sti type r, can anyone help me with how much coolant you put ...

coolant level

Hi, i have a 1997 subaru wrx sti type r, can anyone help me with how much coolant you put back in and the correct mix, regards Andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you can find a manual for your model it will have it under "capacities".

I have an aftermarket radiator so that doesn't apply to my car anymore. I just put some in, start the car and keep topping it off until it wont take anymore.

Once you start getting hot air from your heat vents inside the car and it is topped off, go for a drive and keep an eye on the temp gauge. Park and let it cool. Fill the overflow tank and top off the radiator one more time before driving. This is what I do.

The label on my coolant said to use at least a 50/50 mix. 70/30 antifreeze to water if it is super cold. Hope this helps.

Later, T.J.

Edit: Where are you form anyway Andy?
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Thats great T.J thanks for the info, i shall do that in the morning. I'm from Bedfordshire England u.k, have a great weekend