Tubro and white smoke - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Tubro and white smoke within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; there is a couple from pamsauto.com they are from 5 with 45k miles on it, and a 25K miles for ...

there is a couple from pamsauto.com they are from $135 with 45k miles on it, and a 25K miles for $200. They are from wrecks so i am not sure if they are good or not. I am having trouble finding any online that look legit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is a couple from pamsauto.com they are from $135 with 45k miles on it, and a 25K miles for $200. They are from wrecks so i am not sure if they are good or not. I am having trouble finding any online that look legit.

I found this one on ebay, Just wondering if you guys think this will be a bad idea installing on my 02' wrx with 160K miles. Do not want to put something to big on my car and have it break more stuff. And also they say you do not need any other parts but from what i read if you put on a td05, you will need to change the oil return line because the stock one on a 02' will not be big enough. I am obviously lost and confused because i keep reading conflicting information. Any ideas?

ebay item 350207142644

02-06 subaru wrx big 16g td05 turbo charger bolt on new:eBay Motors (item 130309000515 end time Jun-02-09 11:08:21 PDT)

You should buy the one that has "25K miles for $200", and drive it.

Installing a larger turbo requires you to do several other things to your bugeye.
    Larger injectors, Fuel pump, Uppipe, downpipe, and custom tune (because off the shelf maps don't work on eBay turbos).

If you've been able do deal with driving the car months with a non-functional turbo, your best bet is to make the car run correctly again and just drive it.

I am going to go with your advice. I went as far as calling the sellers on Ebay and they told me that i would not need anything else but the parts in my current turbo. I had a feeling that was not the case because of everything that i have read in these forums. I really appreciate every bodies info. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbmackin View Post
    I am going to go with your advice. I went as far as calling the sellers on Ebay and they told me that i would not need anything else but the parts in my current turbo. I had a feeling that was not the case because of everything that i have read in these forums. I really appreciate every bodies info. I will let you guys know how it turns out.
    Sounds like a good plan
    I hate sellers on eBay that lie, or just as bad, have no idea what they are talking about.
    On some turbos the stock oil line is fine (depends on the Turbo), but you'd definitely need the other parts I mentioned if upgrading the turbo.

All TD04's from 02-05 will work perfectly fine on an 02. If you were to get a turbo that was on an 06-07 WRX then you will need to take the wastegate actuator off that turbo and replace it with the one from your 02.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Hey guys,
    just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help. My car works great now. It was the turbo, my total cost was around 700. (250 for the used turbo, 180 labor, 220 for new hoses and bolts, the rest tax and other fees) The mechanic who did the job said what happen was since i went around 5 and 7K in between oil changes there was a build up in my engine that blocked the oil return line to the turbo. Which then caused the vacuum line to become clogged up also. The turbo was so torn up when he began to take it off the wheels in turbo fell into the down pipe. I went with Mastro Subaru in Tampa, if anyone lives in that area i recommend using them. Stay away from Burtsmith Subaru. They charged me $100 bucks to look at my car and told me nothing useful.

Glad you got it fixed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12