Noise on I think my passenger side front tire
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Noise on I think my passenger side front tire within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey peeps I have a question. I have been hearing a noise everytime I drive my car but when at ...

Noise on I think my passenger side front tire

Hey peeps I have a question. I have been hearing a noise everytime I drive my car but when at idle it doesn't make the noise. It is like metal scrapping or something.
    I had my brother drive it past me and it sounded like it was coming from my passenger side front tire.
    I think it is my brakes or something because it started when I had to slam on my brakes one day really hard.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does the noise stop when you step on the brakes? Or get louder?

Does the noise go away when you go around a sharp right hand turn while on the throttle?

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you checked your pads yet? Take a peek, or even quicker, make sure the rotors are cool and run your finger across them. If you feel a groove, your pad is shot and you've just bought a new rotor.
    If after a drive, you feel the center of the rim and it is hot to the touch, you've got a bad bearing.

In both cases, do not drive the car any further.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

When I hit the brakes it still makes the noise until I come to a complete stop.
    I will try both of those methods and see if that works. If I have a bad bearing do you know how much that will run me to fix?

Could it be the TCT?
    "A man can be with any woman, as long as he is not in love with her." -- Lord Henry

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious."-- Oscar Wilde

Thanks for all the responses. It was the pads they were completely worn down. God all that noise just for pads but it is a good thing because it let me know they were gone.

Thanks again peeps.

Nice when the fix is something quick and easy, eh!

I'll apologize for using your thread for a little off-topic ... how exactly does one start a new thread here? I've done the usual procedure 10 to 12 times now, same thread start, but the forum website times out each time, losing it each time ... help.
    Last edited by KryptoNyte; 05-30-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Yea its always nice when it is a easy fix.

Its cool. Just go to the forum that you want to post in and click New Thread and it should send you to a screen to type your thread.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint1 View Post
    Yea its always nice when it is a easy fix.

Its cool. Just go to the forum that you want to post in and click New Thread and it should send you to a screen to type your thread.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, but it's just not working. I type in the title, and the message, and then click the submit button, and it sits for about 60 seconds and then throws me an error. I post in 10 or 15 different forums, and I've seen slow forum activity before, but this is something else. Using IE8 and Windows 7.

Saint1, glad you got it figured out

Quote Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
    Thanks, but it's just not working. I type in the title, and the message, and then click the submit button, and it sits for about 60 seconds and then throws me an error. I post in 10 or 15 different forums, and I've seen slow forum activity before, but this is something else. Using IE8 and Windows 7.
    There are sometimes issues with the forum. It's not you, its them
    Give it a little while, then try again.
    I'm using IE8 on Win7, too.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.