Horrible clutch noise (video, and searched) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Horrible clutch noise (video, and searched) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lytlec My clutch sometimes creaks as well when I push it in, it doesn't do it often...I ...

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    My clutch sometimes creaks as well when I push it in, it doesn't do it often...I posted about this awhile ago...it's still working fine! It seems to only do it on days when its wet outside...
    Mine consistantly does it though.

Well thankfully I got off work early enough to run to autozone and get the grease. I'll be doing it first thing tomorrow. I'll let yall know how it goes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by l2yan View Post
    Mine consistantly does it though.

Well thankfully I got off work early enough to run to autozone and get the grease. I'll be doing it first thing tomorrow. I'll let yall know how it goes.
    Cool. It may not 100% get rid of it, but it should help. The water from pressure washing is more than likely what caused it, so as soon as that's out of there it should be 100% gone.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just for longevity.. Below is a picture of the clutch pedal assembly:

and this is the PM I sent to l2ayn:
    "Do you see how is says "rod adjuster" then there's a rubber boot, and a shaft right there? when you push the clutch pedal in, the shaft goes through the rubber boot. see if you can't manage a bit of grease in there...

if it's spray, then spray some on a rag, and wipe it on the shaft."

He responded saying the noise was cut in half immdediately after he did this, so if you have any more squeaking issues in water, give this a shot. Grease displaces water and covers metal well, so it should help! :d

Ryan.. is it completely gone yet?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Ryan.. is it completely gone yet?
    Sadly it has not, but thanks Sinister putting up with my lack of mechanical know how the noise has been cut down quite a bit. I actually just went and greased it again, but it didnt do to much.

Also back the the bogging situation, it seems to be bogging a lot more starting from a stop. Although I think the whole situation with the clutch creaking like that is making me drive it differently because I'm to focused on if that dam noise has stop (Yea I know haha). So I'm going to have someone, who knows a lot better then I do, drive my car and see what they think so I'll come back with that information and see if its a symptom related to the noise or if its just me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12