timing belts

This is a discussion on timing belts within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so when i change the accessory belts do i have to change every single belt including the ones under that ...

timing belts

so when i change the accessory belts do i have to change every single belt including the ones under that plastic case? if so how many belts do i need to buy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There are no accessory belts under the plastic case. The accessory belts are the ones visible outside the plastic. These two belts power the A/C, the alternator, and the steering pump. Change these if they are worn, slip, or are noisy.

Under the case is the timing belt. This needs to be changed at 105,000 miles on 02-03 WRX models. Check your manual for your car's change interval.

Use authentic Subaru belts.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.