possible fuel regulator problem

This is a discussion on possible fuel regulator problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 1994 ej20t wagon ive just had a problem were my car died it was running fine then ...

possible fuel regulator problem

i have a 1994 ej20t wagon ive just had a problem were my car died it was running fine then one day i went to turn it back on and it was not to keen to start again it splutered and wouldnt start then i got it to run but it sounded like it was going on 3 cylinders i took the car to my mechanic were they did a compression test witch came back 170 170 on one side and 125 140 on the other we changed the spark plugs cleaned the fuel tank and flushed the lines they found that the problem was the fuel pump so they changed it with a walbro pump and put in a new fuel filter they dynoed it and with its sad compresion it still managed 178kw but was running rich as. he said to me that the fuel regulator could be on its way out after all that the car has gone sweet untill today on the way home id just given it a bit of boost at about 6rpm it made a hiss sound cut out for a second then kept going now the question is is it about to drop a piston or have some unrepairable thing witch may cause it to die or do i just need to replace the fuel reg im prety busy so ill probly have to do it my self and my mechanic dosent do sundays please help me i need to get to work and with out it rite now ill be stuffed oh yea and this cars done 240000ks so its pretty worn but ive had all gaskets and sevicing always kept up and same with previous owners so its been kept mint untill i came along and thrashed it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pecsumas View Post
    i have a 1994 ej20t wagon ive just had a problem were my car died it was running fine then one day i went to turn it back on and it was not to keen to start again it splutered and wouldnt start then i got it to run but it sounded like it was going on 3 cylinders i took the car to my mechanic were they did a compression test witch came back 170 170 on one side and 125 140 on the other we changed the spark plugs cleaned the fuel tank and flushed the lines they found that the problem was the fuel pump so they changed it with a walbro pump and put in a new fuel filter they dynoed it and with its sad compresion it still managed 178kw but was running rich as. he said to me that the fuel regulator could be on its way out after all that the car has gone sweet untill today on the way home id just given it a bit of boost at about 6rpm it made a hiss sound cut out for a second then kept going now the question is is it about to drop a piston or have some unrepairable thing witch may cause it to die or do i just need to replace the fuel reg im prety busy so ill probly have to do it my self and my mechanic dosent do sundays please help me i need to get to work and with out it rite now ill be stuffed oh yea and this cars done 240000ks so its pretty worn but ive had all gaskets and sevicing always kept up and same with previous owners so its been kept mint untill i came along and thrashed it
    What about a knock sensor mate? that's usually on top of ya engine somewhere. I had it one day but i had no boost, it was just like a n/a car.