"securtity" problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "securtity" problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, first off i am going to say that yes, i am new to the wrx world (i havent even ...

"securtity" problem

ok, first off i am going to say that yes, i am new to the wrx world (i havent even set up an avatar ahaha). i got my bug eye about 2 weeks ago and on the way back from getting the title registered the slave cylinder went out... not a biggie, but none the less a headache. so when i replace it all goes well and before i shut the hood i notice that the horn harness is unplugged. so i pop it in, check the fuses in the box, and shut the hood... low and behold the car goes into "panic mode". to keep my hearing as long as i can i just unplug the harness again.

here is where i am stumped. the security light on the dash remains flashing frequently now, so even when i open the door the panic mode is activated. i have unplugged the negative terminal to the battery just to keep the sensor from going off.

another thing that might help you guys help me solve this problem: the keyless entry clicker is out of battery and would most likely need to be reprogramed. could this set off an all time security alert? i also saw that the main security "hub" is right below the e-brake lever so i can access that if need be.

last bit of info

car is a 2002 wrx with 96xxx miles. only mods are a turbo timer and a BOV (yes i am trying to get a stock BPV or a greddy rc one. but thats another topic for an ongoing thread). please offer any suggestions that you think might work.

again thanks, and i hope my clubwrx experience goes well :tup:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Personally I would pop a new battery in the remote first and get that working...Usually the remote doesnt need to be reprogrammed for Subarus in general after you replace the battery...However If you would like to give it a whirl..I am assuming all the door locks work? I believe Trainrex wrote up an article about it..ill see if i can find it....ahh here we go... Subaru Keyless remote programming instructions

Alright thanks man. I did some searching after I had my short panic, haha. But it looks like the car might be set on valet mode. So once I piece this remote back together I'll give that a try.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.