Rotor replacement help

This is a discussion on Rotor replacement help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone know what kinda bolts ( the 2 in the middle of the rotor ) do I need back off ...

Red face Rotor replacement help

Anyone know what kinda bolts ( the 2 in the middle of the rotor )
    do I need back off the rotors on a 2004 wrx

thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To remove the rotors you just take off the wheel and the two bolts holding the caliper in place, then hang the caliper out of the way and pull off the rotor, right?
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

correct...If the rotor wont come off like its rusted on there and your replacing the rotors...smash away with a hammer....Before you remove the caliper though and if your only replacing rotors not pads...I would stick a screwdriver through the inspection eye of the caliper and pry on the pads to push the caliper piston back in a little bit otherwise you will never get the caliper over the new rotor...

I Support ClubWRX
    The car itself can provide the screws you need. The two foremost screws on the subframe (the "U" shaped metal piece) usually fit correctly. These are sometimes covered by the plastic undertray.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.