Engine shut off, PLEASE HELP - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Engine shut off, PLEASE HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by WRX504 Thanks. Now I just have to wait to the weekend so I can try these things. ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX504 View Post
    Thanks. Now I just have to wait to the weekend so I can try these things. Car is in the mountains at a friends about 40 miles away. Riding the mountain bike to work this week.
    OUCH!!! And here I am being impatient waiting for my new shocks and what not because I blew out one of mine. I can still drive mine I just don't like the boat feel

Make sure you have internet access so we can be updated on your findings and what did and didn't work since you have to travel so far with limited time to get it figured out.
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer3636 View Post
    OUCH!!! And here I am being impatient waiting for my new shocks and what not because I blew out one of mine. I can still drive mine I just don't like the boat feel

Make sure you have internet access so we can be updated on your findings and what did and didn't work since you have to travel so far with limited time to get it figured out.
    Ill keep this thread updated in case anybody else needs the info later. What kind of shocks did you get? I just put in some Tokico D-Specs and I love them! Hated that Cadillac like ride my blown shocks had.

Registered User DrumminAnimal73's Avatar
    I also have a guess... bad alternator.

Bad alternator = Dead Battery, car not running off of it's own power from the alternator. Is your car cranking good? As Spencer said... clean those terminals! Just a thought from reading this thread. I could be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumminAnimal73 View Post
    I also have a guess... bad alternator.

Bad alternator = Dead Battery, car not running off of it's own power from the alternator. Is your car cranking good? As Spencer said... clean those terminals! Just a thought from reading this thread. I could be way off.
    It cranks just fine. It actually starts it just bogs out before it even gets a steady idle going. I had thought alternator could be a problem but all electrical seems OK. i will definitely try and replace those bad terminals this weekend and thanks for your thoughts.

Finally found the problem. It was the MAF sensor. I tried cleaning it but the sensor was actually bad so I had to replace it. While doing this I also discovered my spark plugs were crap, and gaped to over .042 so I am impressed with how well my car had been running with those in it. I replaced them with Denso plugs. I also discovered a bad vacuum line running to my waste gate and my pitch mount was loose. All in all I guess the MAF sensor going bad was actually a good thing because I discovered many other problems in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX504 View Post
    Finally found the problem. It was the MAF sensor. I tried cleaning it but the sensor was actually bad so I had to replace it. While doing this I also discovered my spark plugs were crap, and gaped to over .042 so I am impressed with how well my car had been running with those in it. I replaced them with Denso plugs. I also discovered a bad vacuum line running to my waste gate and my pitch mount was loose. All in all I guess the MAF sensor going bad was actually a good thing because I discovered many other problems in the process.
    Geeze, the previous owner must have not done any maintenance.
    "A man can be with any woman, as long as he is not in love with her." -- Lord Henry

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious."-- Oscar Wilde

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.