Why my car spudders and now don't hear BOV?

This is a discussion on Why my car spudders and now don't hear BOV? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed a 20g turbo on my ej20 motor. I have supporting mods but just never had it tuned ...

Why my car spudders and now don't hear BOV?

I just installed a 20g turbo on my ej20 motor. I have supporting mods but just never had it tuned yet.
    When I am just cruising the car spudders like once for a split second every like 3 mins. When it spudders it makes a squeeky noise for that split second. Also now I can't hear my BOV till I redline and it wasn't like that when I first installed it. I could hear it shifting at like 3 grand.

I don't know what is wrong with it. Could it be because of not being tuned, because I am starving of gas since I didn't upgrade the fuel pump or injectors. Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I honestly would probably recommend you take it to a shop for some advice and work. If that sounds too expensive, take it back to stock and move on.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by Saint1 View Post
    I just installed a 20g turbo on my ej20 motor. I have supporting mods but just never had it tuned yet.
    When I am just cruising the car spudders like once for a split second every like 3 mins. When it spudders it makes a squeeky noise for that split second. Also now I can't hear my BOV till I redline and it wasn't like that when I first installed it. I could hear it shifting at like 3 grand.

I don't know what is wrong with it. Could it be because of not being tuned, because I am starving of gas since I didn't upgrade the fuel pump or injectors. Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ok what BOV do you have.And is the sqeeky noise happing when you are boosting?

Could it be because of not being tuned
    Yes. You know your 'supposed' to get a tune after a mod like a new turbo or injectors right? Or at the least have a map flashed to your ecu for your given mods. The stock ECU can't control what you have.

Yea, really. A 20G w/supporting injectors?! On a 2.0? You probably are washing the rings.

GET A TUNE, SOON. Or catastrophic engine failure is in your future.

EDIT...... Seriously. I just read the final pair of sentences from your post. YOu said you have a 20G w/supporting mods. No fuel pump or injectors, is not supporting mods. What are you even talking about, supporting mods? Intercooler? You are going to kill your motor if not your trans first.
    Last edited by indytruckboy; 05-17-2009 at 06:26 AM.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

And get off the BOV. It's a 20G on a 2.0. Probably doesn't start making boost until past 3,000 rpm even if you did have the proper setup.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

I Support ClubWRX
    I just installed a 20g turbo on my ej20 motor. I have supporting mods but just never had it tuned yet. Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    So you just think the car will tune itself?How do you think the car knows it has bigger injectors?Take the car to a professional.....................jebus.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S