Seafoam - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Seafoam within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mycologist I have to admit something - I ordered some real snake oil: ACES IV Gasoline Formula ...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I have to admit something - I ordered some real snake oil:

ACES IV Gasoline Formula Fuel Catalyst

I'm going to do some monitoring of my fuel trims and see if it helps with knock on an older map with more timing. I have concluded from monitoring for a long time that we get crappy gas here (if I don't drive the 35 min. to get to the Shell at least). I have read independent studies of their diesel additive and heard a lot of good things on other forums. It is supposed to do a good job of cleaning too. I'll start a thread when I have some empirical results but look here:

http://www.americancleanenergysystem...%20Belvoir.pdf
    I'd be very interested in hearing more about that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cool, Waiting for it to arrive. It is a bit spendy (~$.20/gallon) but is supposed to increase fuel mileage more than that. We'll see what the fuel trims and AFR's say about that.

BTW, I am not a Seafoam naysayer, I just don't recommend using it too often. I haven't tried it myself.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    I generally just use it once a year for the induction cleaning. $8 a can vs the $100-150 auto shops try to charge. I used to use BG44K but Seafoam does just a good a job. I would definitely be interested to see the results of the fuel catalyst as well. I had thought about the Finch system but just couldn't pull the trigger.
    Last edited by Donkey; 11-17-2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I generally just use it once a year for the induction cleaning. $8 a can vs the $100-150 auto shops try to charge. I used to use BG44K but Seafoam does just a good a job. I would definitely be interested to see the results of the fuel catalyst as well. I had thought about the Finch system but just couldn't pull the trigger.
    Yeah, I didn't hear about finch until after I had done the background on this. I would never have considered it until I had the ability to actually see if it works (wideband & logging). My current map has timing pulled from a v2 map which already had timing pulled.... I can run the v2 map fine if I drive all the way out to the shell though.... plus I'm getting ready to install your ported turbo.... Less injector duty cycle might help (if not I'll do other stuff until it does).
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12