A/C Condenser replacement help

This is a discussion on A/C Condenser replacement help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; WRX 2002 Long story short. Replaced expansion valve last year and the AC worked great all summer. Started to get ...

A/C Condenser replacement help

WRX 2002

Long story short. Replaced expansion valve last year and the AC worked great all summer. Started to get hot this year, so I kicked on the A/C "a hissss would come on and no colled air, turned a/c off it went away. Took it to the stealer ship to see what they had to say and they claimed ex valve was sticking " I didn't buy it " Took it to another stealership and now they say there is a hole in the A/C Condenser. Now they want 600+ dollars to fix. I have been browsing around and the part seems to be anywhere from 150$ to 200$ "stealership quoted me 400$ for the part 200$ for labor" Just wondering if anyone has a thread or a walk through to replace the A/C Condenser.

Thanks,

Pale

*Note, please move if this is in wrong area
    Last edited by palerider; 05-12-2009 at 04:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is one thing you should prob. leave to a shop....they have the proper equipment to leak test,evacuate, pull a vacuum on, and charge the R134a...It can get dangerous if you start just pulling off lines and such when your not sure what kind of charge is in the system...I would buy the part yourself ( I can almost guarantee youll save money there) and take her to the shop...its a pretty simple procedure...its right in front of the radiator....However I wouldnt tackle the job without the proper refrigerant machines...OH...I bought a condensor a few years back for my legacy....I believe the place was called American Condensor located somehwhere in southern CA...they might be able to give you a pretty good price....