Turbo help

This is a discussion on Turbo help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 wrx sedan. all stock as far as i know except BOV and k&n. The turbo dosent ...

Turbo help

I have a 2003 wrx sedan. all stock as far as i know except BOV and k&n.

The turbo dosent seem to be working. The gauge is showing boost (goes to around .1 on stock gauge) but dont feel any pull. Also the turbo dosent sound any different when i accelerate. Could it be a leak or the wastegate? Or is my turbo toast?

Help. this is my first subaru and first turbo.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you dont notice any abnormal sounds and notice nothing burning (oil/coolant)..Personally from the information youve given Im going to say you have a major boost leak...go over the entire intake system and make sure all hoses and vacuum lines are in good condition and tightened/installed properly.. How many miles are on the vehicle? Did whoever installed the BOV plug the recirc. hose?

thanks. it has 118000 miles on it. i havent noticed any sounds or burning fluids.

as far as the bov. it was on when i got the car. maybe it is a aaftermarket bpv. it has a funnel on top and a small hose/tube off the back.

ill try to check over my intake.

thanks evoeatr. i tightened all the clamps i could get on the intake. they were all loose. i have boost back!!!

i think what may have happened...i bought the car in texas and brought it to canada in the fall. couple months into winter when it got COLD i slowly lost boost. the plastic and rubber must have loosened up in the drastic temp change.?

no prob. dude...glad it was something simple...