Grinding noise when breaking

This is a discussion on Grinding noise when breaking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Recently, within the past two weeks or so, I've noticed a grinding noise when coming to a stop. I don't ...

Grinding noise when breaking

Recently, within the past two weeks or so, I've noticed a grinding noise when coming to a stop. I don't hear the noise when I let the car come to a stop by itself and it doesn't happen while accelerating or cruising. The noise is more of a creaking/grinding noise that I can hear when coming to a stop at about 10mph to a complete stop. It's not a constant noise, but seems to correlate with the tire spinning. (creaking - pause - creak - pause - etc)

Also noted, but it may be just in my head, that the noise is coming from the rear and bumps in the road seem more noticable from the back. Could just be my imagination. The noise also seems a bit worse when breaking and turning at low speeds.

Hope I described that well enough lol.

Any help is appreaciated. I'll be taking it in soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Brakes man have them looked at

Had the car looked at today and they said the brakes look fine. Everything else they looked at seemed just fine as well. Haven't had a chance to drive it since it was looked at. I'll drive it tomorrow and see how it is.

Despite what the dealer said, I still think something is up with the breaks that they may have missed.

The noise is still coming when it's been driven for a little while and the brakes have warmed up. This makes me think that the issue might be with the rotors. Perhaps they're warping under the heat and that is what starts it. If the brakes were cool when looked at then maybe nothing looked wrong when they were checked. The noise only happens during light braking and when I brake hard it stops. I no longer believe that the noise comes from the year, but that's besides the point. Lastly, this noise came about after I had slammed on the brakes about a month ago to avoid a collision. Forgot to mention that...

Anyone know if this sounds like a possibility?

My 08 sti grinds only 11k on them. Had to argue with the dealer about it and they finily called there tech support found a tech note that the pads are too hard they ordered 07 pads which was the fix. I want new rotors they want to turn. Rotors for the sti cost $500each I don't want rotors that are turned because next time the car will probably be out of warranty and I won't be able to turn them.