help me out

This is a discussion on help me out within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2004 wrx with a 16g evo III turbo with sti pink injectors intake 3 inch cattless and ...

help me out

i have a 2004 wrx with a 16g evo III turbo with sti pink injectors intake 3 inch cattless and cobb i cant hit target boost what do i need now?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by matthew2112 View Post
    i have a 2004 wrx with a 16g evo III turbo with sti pink injectors intake 3 inch cattless and cobb i cant hit target boost what do i need now?
    What's target boost for you? 15+

the cobb map says 18 and tapering down to 16 but i hit like 12 or 13

power

From what I hear and everybody says you need to get a TUNE. BUT.......... not many people know exactly what a TUNE is or consists of or how to go about getting it. Hope someone can explain this.

by "tune" I bet they mean, protune. Also with a 16g you might want to look into a better tmic then the stock wrx one. I been told the sti one will do fine for it. Also I think you have to look to the wastegate for problems with this, i think. someone with more experance please charm in.

my friend told me i need a boost control solenoid he said my wastgate is opinging to early.

I Support ClubWRX
    my friend told me i need a boost control solenoid he said my wastgate is opinging to early.
    nope. A boost control solenoid isn't going to do anything for you here. You'd need a protune after you got one.

My guess is you either have a vacuum leak, or the restrictor pill wasn't drilled to spec.

What restrictor pill did you use??
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

idk what that is but there is no vaccum leak. but iv had the turbo in for 8 months.

idk what that is but there is no vaccum leak. but iv had the turbo in for 8 months.
    Read the instructions that are available on cobb's website, ensure you have the correct map loaded and ensure that you have all the correct boost control hardware installed. I'm sorry to say your problem is almost certainly a case of mismatched parts not configured for the map as it is tuned.