grinding,pinging,scratching,poping noises. i need help!

This is a discussion on grinding,pinging,scratching,poping noises. i need help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the sounds are coming from the pasenger side rear tire area of my 06 WRX. its been making some very ...

grinding,pinging,scratching,poping noises. i need help!

the sounds are coming from the pasenger side rear tire area of my 06 WRX. its been making some very weird noises the last two days. the sounds come whenever they want to, it doesent matter if im going uphill, down hill, strait, throttle, no throttle, or turning... the sounds just happen whenever. ive been having poping metal sounds scratching and grinding sounds coming from the rear right side. when i drive it the left, (driver side) is a little cooler than the right side. checked all the fluids they are fine. we checked the break pads, they are fine. tried wiggling things around, nothing is loose. and torqued the wheels back on. its really hard to figure this out and what it could even be.... please help me out if u have any ideas.

thanks! Cody

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Keep in mind its hard to diag things online when we cant hear or touch the vehicle..lol...How about if you just decide to take a sharp turn do you get the noise than? Is it more of a scraping grinding noise? How many miles are on the car.....on another note i noticed you live in bainbridge Island Washington...I vacationed there last year and will say I LOVED IT! your very lucky to live out there...

it doesent mater if i take a sharp corner, i tried that to. i tryd turning hard and ripping the steering wheel side ways, it doesent make a differance. it just happns whenever it wants. the car has 44,000 on it. and the sounds while driving are usually poping metal sounds. it almost sounds like something is underneath draggin, but there is nothing, this happens a couple times a minute or so. then every once in a while like once a day maybe twice it makes a metal kinda grinding sound but more like a squeal for a couple secounds.

Bainbridge Island is nice, but lots of people are moving here each year at a high rate, its still beautiful though. i do like it here (for now) lol

i really have no idea what im trying to find/what is makeing noises. i just know its on the passenger side, back wheel area.

Question axle shafts or diff?

sounds a broken gear back their somewhere?