Help my gauge cluster is acting werid!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help my gauge cluster is acting werid!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK I need help asap I have to leave on a trip tomorrow. I hopped in my car just now, ...

Help my gauge cluster is acting werid!!!

OK I need help asap I have to leave on a trip tomorrow. I hopped in my car just now, and wiped off some dust on the gauge cover. When I started my car none the needels jumped my signals and all the other warning lights are coming on except my ambient temperature gauge. Could I have bumed something by accident or has my cluster just died on me. Please if anyone can help me you will be a life saver. I am looking through the OM right now trying to figrue this out

prior to this I drove to wal-mart evertything was fine get back in at the parking lot wiped the guage cluster and then started the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's pretty easy to remove the gauge cluster to inspect the wires.

Are there any aftermarket electronics installed in the car? (Gauges, stereo, ect.) If there are make sure they are grounded properly.

there is the regular boost guage, oil temp, and volt gauge other then that no its all stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpatskize View Post
    there is the regular boost guage, oil temp, and volt gauge other then that no its all stock.
    You should start by checking the main battery's ground.

ok checked the ground on the batt, and pulled the cluster out all the plugs are good and I don't see anykind of wire fare in any of them. Any other ideas

all the fuses are good to I really don't want to tear my car apart because of a bad wire the night before I have to leave my house at like 5 am. Please if anyone has any input I would like to hear it cause I am in need right now.

Ok I figured it out.....over time the plugins in the back of the cluster became loose. I have a really stiff suspension so they just vibrated loose. I called a Subaru dealer and they told me to unplug it let it sit for five minutes so the cam inside could reset. Sure enough after I did all that everything is back to normal just a little FYI for you other guys that might have this problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.