P0483 Gauge Fluxuation problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on P0483 Gauge Fluxuation problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mike02WRX i'm gunna get a coolant temp sensor tommorow and new radiator caps just to be sure ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike02WRX View Post
    i'm gunna get a coolant temp sensor tommorow and new radiator caps just to be sure its not a small thing, whats the story with bars leak or any other kind of leak fix...is it worth trying if this fails and the test fails??

IF those fail and you want to get something to try to act as a seal...I would go to the Dealer and get a bottle of blue coolant conditioner (there pretty inexpensive)...specifically designed for Subaru HG leaks...although it will only help with a coolant leak not oil leak...you remove a small amount of coolant from your radiator and pour it in the top of the fill neck...however I have NEVER used this on a Turbo model..Personally I dont think it should affect anything with the turbo but you might want to get a second opinion on that...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

havent got the coolant temp sensor yet gunna try for monday i got the oil changed today and had no issues till night time when the gauge started creeping up again and back down again i went to a gas station popped the hood and looked in the overflow tank, the level was high like an inch from the top and i could see what i think was fresh oil in there too...not good i know but the car wont overheat and by that i mean wont smoke under the hood and no smoke from exhaust im pretty sure the head gasket is leaking but ill have the test done monday anyway...how much does that repair usually cost? havent got the sealer yet either i gotta get this done soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12