O2 sensor
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on O2 sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello. my check engine light came on and i had it tested and the code was for a rear 02 ...

O2 sensor

Hello. my check engine light came on and i had it tested and the code was for a rear 02 sensor. any suggestions on which one to get? i heard to stay away from the universal ones but idn what the difference is and when i look them up i see them listed as before cat converter but i havnt seen any saying after cat.
    Also..... when driving, if i accelerate and let off the gas, the bov makes the whoosh sound. but lately it has been making a stuttering whoosh. i cant tell if it is the bov making the stuttering or if its coming from somewhere else. is it a side effect of the sensor gone bad? iv asked alot of people and no one has a straight answer. any ideas on what i should test or inspect are greatly appreciated....

Thanks Everyone!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Get the sensor that is specifically for your vehicle. Any brand. The difference between that and a universal one is that it will plug right in to the existing wiring. The universal one will require you to wire it up by hand.

As for the BOV, are we talking about an aftermarket unit? Or stock?

It is an after market recirculating bov. Sry for not saying that at first.

Its an aftermarket recirculating bov. Sry for not mentioning it earlier

DUB
    My only idea is that the spring has come out of adjustment. It needs to be set up properly or it will "blow off" before it's supposed to.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.