Check Engine light, only 4 psi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Check Engine light, only 4 psi within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was driving in my 02 wrx back from VA and I live in PA and the check engine light ...

Check Engine light, only 4 psi

I was driving in my 02 wrx back from VA and I live in PA and the check engine light came on last night and it feels like there is no boost pressure at all when i accelerate. My HKS EVC only reachs a max of 3.6psi when i give it full throttle, so i went and got a diag. this morning and the codes that i got where (P1090, P1091, p1093, P1088, P1089 which are all Manf. control and Fuel metering, Aux emission control) also the other codes where ( P0031- Bank 1 sensor 1 heater circuit low, P0245- wastegate solenoid A low, and last but not least P0546 Exhaust gas temp. sensor circuit high bank 1 sensor 1) if anyone can help me fix any of these isusse that would be wonderful. thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

shot in the dark...sounds to me like you might have a boost/vacuum leak somewhere...what mods are on the car? How many miles are on the car? Five of the codes you have are for the TGV's...Do you still have the TGV's in the vehicle? Besides not hitting target boost how does the car? run i.e. idle,cruise? Has the CEL ever come on for any of these codes before?
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 04-29-2009 at 06:41 AM.

Thanks for the reply, and yes i do still have tgv's i located them last night and I think that they have been unspring be cause the thing you can turn looks like this ( l ) and as for as mods big 16g turbo, hks front mount, hks up pipe, hks down pipe, hks turbo back, pink 565cc injectors, and i think thats about it im sure i forgot atleast one thing. As far the car it idles great like it should when driving other then not making any boost there is no sputters or backfires of any kind, but when accelertaing it hit about 4k rpm's and boggs. and i and i just recently picked it up after the big 16g was installed and didnt really drive it till the yesterday.

So wait....someone else installed the Turbo and you didnt have any of these codes before the install? What kind of engine management do you have? Did they end up pulling the intake manifold/TGV housings for any reason when the turbo was installed?

Yes someone else installed my turbo and EVC BC on the same day, as far as tuning its open source or thats what i was told was done after the install. I dont think they pulled the intake for anything.

The TBE and up pipe where on for a while no check engine lights.
    Last edited by leighton1245; 04-29-2009 at 07:05 AM.

I would bring it back to the place that installed it...they know what they did/didnt do...plus im assuming you paid for the install...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.