Check Engine Light

This is a discussion on Check Engine Light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey im new to the forums and could use some help. I was driving in 5th gear at about 2500 ...

Check Engine Light

Hey im new to the forums and could use some help. I was driving in 5th gear at about 2500 rpms. All of the sudden my car started to kind of sputter and not want to accelerate. It stopped doing it and about 30 minutes later my check engine light came on and my cruise control light started to flash. I dont have the owners manual. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get the code read
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Cool possible overboost?

I installed new exhaust, intake, and cobb AP, after I did so I had the same problem, I had to reset my ECU with the AP. I have a boost control solenoid on the way which will solve the problem (the stock BCS only allows for 13pounds of boost and i am well over that now) Hopefully this will help!

i've had the same issue in 2nd

but the check engine went off when i restarted and all was fine

who knows

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepplin33
    I installed new exhaust, intake, and cobb AP, after I did so I had the same problem, I had to reset my ECU with the AP. I have a boost control solenoid on the way which will solve the problem (the stock BCS only allows for 13pounds of boost and i am well over that now) Hopefully this will help!
    Not sure where you heard the 13lbs information, but you heard wrong. If you bought a 3-port BCS, you'll need to adjust your map to account for it (yourself, or have a tuner do it).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Check Engine Light with no codes

I have a 03 WRX with 140,000 miles that has never been modified. I've owned it since it was new and have never had a problem with it. There is a very steep hill that I have to climb going to work and the car now seems to hesitate during the climb and the CEL flashes a couple of times, but does not set any codes. I'm in fourth gear, about 55 mph and the boost goes up to about .1 and then drops down to about .07 when the light comes on. I haven't noted the RPM, but it's probably around 4000. Clear day, about 50 degrees and an elevation of about 4000 feet. I put in new spark plugs a couple of weeks ago and a new fuel filter this week. The car still runs great everywhere else and my mileage doesn't seem to have changed.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Steve C.