02 wrx w/leaking radiator after track
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 wrx w/leaking radiator after track within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Like the title says my Radiator is leaking on the top, no specific area and I'm just wondering if this ...

02 wrx w/leaking radiator after track

Like the title says my Radiator is leaking on the top, no specific area and I'm just wondering if this is a common prob with the 02. Motor is stock.

how much is it to replace it and what should i go with; oem or aftermarket

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Common.

OEM options include the Calsonic like you have now and an OEM offering from Koyo, not to be confused with their "race" all-aluminium unit. I use the OEM Koyo now. Others use aftermarket "race" types from Koyo, Mishimoto, or other makers.

Need a favor
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I just had to replace the factory Calsonic unit last week on my 03. I refused to install another unit with plastic end tanks so I ended up ordering a performance all aluminum Mishimoto. Price was decent on the Mishimoto but the first one to arrive was badly damaged in an undamaged box, had to pay shipping to send it back, plus they are MADE IN CHINA, that part really irked me. Fitment was ok, but not great, sure did look pretty though. Knowing what I know now I would buy another brand if for no other reason than the made in china part.

If you end up getting a standard replacement make sure you pay attention to the thickness of the aluminum core, I got a couple different brands and neither one had but about half the core as the original unit. Frustrating experience to say the least.

On the bright side, they are easy to replace

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.