up pipe leak

This is a discussion on up pipe leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok about a week ago me and two friends put on my ERZ up pipe, everything was fine then two ...

up pipe leak

ok about a week ago me and two friends put on my ERZ up pipe, everything was fine then two days after the install i got on it a little and it made a loud chirp noise then all of a sudden has a terrible exhaust leak and i cant find it i rechecked all of the bolts, header to up, up to turbo, DP to turbo i cant find it but it has a flex section maybe a leak there? idk any ideas bc i cant find it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

??

im not sure how to conduct leak test on the ehaust pipe?... but if you think its the bellows, then it might be. its pretty difficult to know if it the bellows unless you take it out and inspect it thoroughly. if its not that, then, i would change out all the gaskets all around and make sure the torque specs are correct... make sure the gasket is a good quality graphite gasket, or if the oem gaskets can fix then try that.

let me know what you come up with.
    MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

https://www.facebook.com/L1G3R

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

yea thanks for the input, i guess im gonna have to take it out a friend of mine welds i might have him strengthen up the welds if i find maybe a weak weld or something idk i just ran out of ideas on what else it could be

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you use the gaskets that came with the ERZ pipe?
    I can't speak for what came with yours, but the ones that came with mine sucked. I had one blow out (the bottom one), a couple of months later. My car sounded like a tractor. I ordered an OEM gasket online, installed, and have had no more trouble.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yea i used the ones that came with it they looked like the Vibrant gaskets i think is what the company is not sure, but that is exactly what mine sounds like a tractor is a perfect way to describe it haha i guess ill get oem ones and maybe strengthen the welds while its off anyway just incase, i just want it on and dont ever touch it again bc it was a PITA

I Support ClubWRX
    Try to determine if it's leaking from the top or bottom. If it's the bottom, you really don't have to remove it to replace the gasket. You remove what's necessary to get to the pipe below, take it off, replace gasket, and bolt stuff back up. Much easier than actually removing the uppipe.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

ok sounds good ill let you guys know how i make out, thanks for the input