Broken Hose..WTF is it?

This is a discussion on Broken Hose..WTF is it? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Some background....my tuner said my turbo was dying so I replaced it with a used TD04. When I took it ...

Broken Hose..WTF is it?

Some background....my tuner said my turbo was dying so I replaced it with a used TD04. When I took it for a stage 2 protune, he said he can't more than 15psi out of it with the wastegate deactivated. So he said he will leave it deactivated since its not going any higher. Two weeks later I am ZERO boost so I thought I had a leak. I bought some Perrin I/C hoses thinking I may not have installed the I/C right when I replace the turbo. When I open the hood I see this:

Could this be the cause?? Either way, wtf does this hose do? I see one end goes to the intake after the MAF. Any help is appreciated. I am installing a boost gauge next Tuesday but would like my car somewhat functional before then.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the end of the hose your holding looks like its the line that goes from the wastegate solenoid to the intake...do you have any aftermarket manual boost controller or boost solenoid or anything on the car?...Your whole setup looks kind of fishy there (maybe its just the picture)...take a look here...this is what the stock subaru boost contorl system hose routing should look like... http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/ima...mWorksv109.pdf picture on page two...

Well the broken hose was just what I thought....for the wastegate. I took my car to the dealership where they checked for leaks and they couldn't find anything. However, they decided to look at the exhaust and saw that the turboxs high flow cat had broken up and was clogging the exhaust to the point that there were golf ball sized chunks in the muffler.

Now I have a new cat and everything is running smoothly.
    2005 WRX
    TurboXS stealth TBE

glad to hear you got it taken care of...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ding Chavez View Post
    Well the broken hose was just what I thought....for the wastegate. I took my car to the dealership where they checked for leaks and they couldn't find anything. However, they decided to look at the exhaust and saw that the turboxs high flow cat had broken up and was clogging the exhaust to the point that there were golf ball sized chunks in the muffler.

Now I have a new cat and everything is running smoothly.
    Is your wastegate hooked back up now?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Yup. I am hitting 1 bar (15psi) on the stage 2 map. I am not sure if that is as high as it should go (at 5k ft in altitude) or if I should look at putting a different map on it.

Either way, at least my car is driveable again.
    2005 WRX
    TurboXS stealth TBE

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ding Chavez View Post
    Yup. I am hitting 1 bar (15psi) on the stage 2 map. I am not sure if that is as high as it should go (at 5k ft in altitude) or if I should look at putting a different map on it.

Either way, at least my car is driveable again.

Sounds about right for that elevation.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb