Engine holding back, idle issues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine holding back, idle issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; this has probably been asked a million times... but anyway. I have a 2002 wrx, on idle it sounds like ...

Engine holding back, idle issues

this has probably been asked a million times... but anyway. I have a 2002 wrx, on idle it sounds like its slightly misfiring, well its not smooth in any case. ANy under acceleration, theres either a mega lag or its holding back, and you really have to rev it to get anything out of it, rolling road power is fine though its just under acceleration.

Whats the script for sortin this out do you rekon? MAF? coilpacks? its been serviced with new plugs etc so i think somthing is on its way out

ANy advice you guys can give would be ace

oh and is it common for MAF's to go on wrx's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyroo_WRX View Post
    this has probably been asked a million times... but anyway. I have a 2002 wrx, on idle it sounds like its slightly misfiring, well its not smooth in any case. ANy under acceleration, theres either a mega lag or its holding back, and you really have to rev it to get anything out of it, rolling road power is fine though its just under acceleration.

Whats the script for sortin this out do you rekon? MAF? coilpacks? its been serviced with new plugs etc so i think somthing is on its way out

ANy advice you guys can give would be ace

oh and is it common for MAF's to go on wrx's?
    What's the mileage? Any modifications? Has all service done at the normal intervals?

The more info the better!

MAFs aren't known to go, unless you have an aftermarket airfilter, and it's been oiled too much. At that point the MAF just gets oiled, and just needs cleaned.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

cars covered 30k miles

Car has TBE, up-pipe, K&N CAI in the wing, Perrin TMI, ECUtek remap

ive cleaned the MAF a few times with electrical cleaner but it doesnt seem to make any difference at all.

I Support ClubWRX
    When you got new plugs, did you stick with OEM plugs?

Did it start happening just after you got serviced?

30k is impressively low on a 2002! Even though you are stuck on a large island
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.