TURBO gone

This is a discussion on TURBO gone within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone confirm that if there is oil within the turbo of a Scooby WRX that the seals our gone. ...

TURBO gone

Can anyone confirm that if there is oil within the turbo of a Scooby WRX that the seals our gone. I know it is connected to oil and water.
    But as I posted before on a thread the turbo TD05H my son removed from his car the inside was full of oil. Also there was oil in the intercooler and air filter. If this was so could this cause the car to smoke badly (blue smoke). The plugs were removed and all were dry and no oil on them. But likely renew them anyway.
    He has ordered a Second hand Turbo same number. Just hope that this will sort his car out.
    Any help about turbos would he would be grateful

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Drain out the intercooler and don't forget to prime the new turbo when you put it in.

I think I have a very similar problem as described here. I replaced the turbo (Didn't prime with oil) on my 2003 subaru wrx. I have not run the car for quite a while, and recently removed the intercooler and the air intake. Both had quite a bit of water/ oily sludge. The water didn't look like coolant, it looked like clean water. I suppose I need to install a new turbo :^(

Can someone recommend a good way to install the oil return line that you almost can't get to when reinstalling the turbo?

Thanks in advance

Denny