Engine is acting funny!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Engine is acting funny!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Couple weeks ago i changed out the radiator. Now in the morning when i start my car. It idels high ...

Registered User Me-Yellow-Bug-I's Avatar

Post Engine is acting funny!!!

Couple weeks ago i changed out the radiator. Now in the morning when i start my car. It idels high around 2200 rpms and then boggs down to where is sounds like it wants to die. Then repeats the same thing over and over. Its boggs when driving cold, have to rev up higher so it actually goes. But when is at normal driving temp. It drives like normal. Any ideas?????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Me-Yellow-Bug-I View Post
    Couple weeks ago i changed out the radiator. Now in the morning when i start my car. It idels high around 2200 rpms and then boggs down to where is sounds like it wants to die. Then repeats the same thing over and over. Its boggs when driving cold, have to rev up higher so it actually goes. But when is at normal driving temp. It drives like normal. Any ideas?????
    Sounds like a dirty IACV (idle air control valve), but I wouldn't check that first. Clean your MAF sensor first, and if that doesn't do the trick, take out the IACV and clean it up. It may be full of gunk.
    2009 DGM WRX 5-door w/ STI short shifter. Stock...for now.

So it dosent sound like anything weird which is good. Where is that IACV located?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

Thanks, hoppefully its that simple

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    This is certainly one of those things to try yourself. The dealership RAPES you on this service (experience ).
    Last edited by brfatal; 04-09-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Thats why i thought to ask here first. See if it was something some what straight forward!!! Dealerships are full of subie rapers

Definitely. The dealership would probably charge hundreds of dollars just to clean it. It only takes about 30 minutes to do it yourself if you know what you're doing.

Pick up some carb cleaner and q-tips.

Heh, my local preferred mechanic charged me $20 to clean the IACV when he did my clutch job.

Anyway, if the IACV is, in fact dirty, you clean it, and in the next few months/year, it gets dirty again, clean the PCV system. It'll also help if your air filter or IC gets a bunch of oil on it/in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarra View Post
    Heh, my local preferred mechanic charged me $20 to clean the IACV when he did my clutch job.

Anyway, if the IACV is, in fact dirty, you clean it, and in the next few months/year, it gets dirty again, clean the PCV system. It'll also help if your air filter or IC gets a bunch of oil on it/in it.
    Man that is cheap. I hope he replaced the gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
    He did.

When I had my LGT, he replaced 4 of the 5 front seals on the motor... Right after, the 5th seal blew, and he replaced that last seal free of charge. He's a good dude, the local Subaru dealership referrs customers to him all the time.

He did.

When I had my LGT, he replaced 4 of the 5 front seals on the motor... Right after, the 5th seal blew, and he replaced that last seal free of charge. He's a good dude, the local Subaru dealership referrs customers to him all the time.
    Damn, I wish we had mechanics that nice around here.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

I got charged +$400.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post

And where did he find the gasket? I've been looking all over SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! and SubaruParts.com - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories with the part # from the thread over at NASIOC and can't find the gasket anywhere...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    And where did he find the gasket? I've been looking all over SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better! and SubaruParts.com - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories with the part # from the thread over at NASIOC and can't find the gasket anywhere...

Just call the dealer.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast