kinda hard to explain plz help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on kinda hard to explain plz help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mycologist Oh wait, it sounds most like your clutch is slipping now that I read the quote. ...

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Oh wait, it sounds most like your clutch is slipping now that I read the quote. Your RPM's jump? If so bad clutch. I was distracted by the boost which is just following the load when it slips.
    That could be very possible that it is your clutch, im changing out all my spark plugs because i also have a rough idle. Im going to regap them at the smallest subaru recomends and see if that does the trick for me. If not im doing the clutch aswell.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    I think i know what your talking about because im kinda have the same issue. Its like a back and forth movement when you realy give it gas?
    YES that is exactly what it feels like!!

Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    That could be very possible that it is your clutch, im changing out all my spark plugs because i also have a rough idle. Im going to regap them at the smallest subaru recomends and see if that does the trick for me. If not im doing the clutch aswell.
    let me know how that works out for you!
    i just might have to change mine out

sure would be cheaper then new clutch

Quote Originally Posted by simplyyestb View Post
    let me know how that works out for you!
    i just might have to change mine out

sure would be cheaper then new clutch
    ok ill let you know i pretty shure ill be doing it this weekend.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

here are some pics
    let me know if you want more or different ones

so a couple of my friends are saying its a problem with my waste gate not opening so I'm over boosting and getting a fuel cut... what do you guys think about that?

Stock wastegate could be going out... RPMs dont slip... you floor it boost goes full then drops 5-8 psi, shoots right back up and goes down 5-8, just hitting full, dropping, back and forth back and forth? Yes?

Sounds like your having a problem with the boost solenoid. Its not able to respond quick enough, essentially you overboost, then the solenoid kicks in and begins to open the waste gate, but opens it too far and fast, so it closes and begins to build boost up again and then overshoots, and continues to modulate. See this a lot in cars that go to stage 2 (remove the catted up pipe and either remove the exhaust cats or replace with a hi-flow cat) without a tune. In extreme situations, you overboost so far that you hit feul cut, and trust me, you'll know if that happens! Either the previous owner removed and reinstalled the vaccum lines incorrectly, or the boost solenoid is not working correct, or a combination of the two. Or your exhaust has been modified like above. Really does sound like "boost hunting" to me...
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

so a couple of my friends are saying its a problem with my waste gate not opening so I'm over boosting and getting a fuel cut... what do you guys think about that?
    Well, your friends proably aren't right in the feul cut, but close to the problem. When fuel cut occurs on a WRX, it'll feel like you straight hit a wall, its that jarring. Plus, your Check Engine Light will come on, and your Cruise control light will flash. That, my friend, is fuel cut. Do that more then a few times, you won't have to worry about diagnosis, you'll have a lawn ornimate!
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

thanks for all the help guys I'm i think ill just take it up to the nearest Subaru dealership when i go to court in 10 days
    (by nearest i mean an hour or more away)

ill let you know how it goes

if anyone else has anything to add or anything i should ask them let me know

ill just be crossing my fingers that it wont cost me to much because
    that + traffic ticket + paying off my car > broke

so wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 19josh97 View Post
    Stock wastegate could be going out... RPMs dont slip... you floor it boost goes full then drops 5-8 psi, shoots right back up and goes down 5-8, just hitting full, dropping, back and forth back and forth? Yes?
    Yeah pretty much

well i don't have a psi boost gauge i have the other type that is confusing to read;

but yeah its kinda like I'm bouncing of a red line i guess and i see both my boost gauge and my rpm bounce a bit

and depending on if its doing this in first or second it hits hard

first = hard

second = soft

fixed

so i finally made it to the stealership they replaced my air/fuel ratio sensor my MAF sensor and my fuel pump they charged me like 550 i was probably ripped off but screw it i didnt know what was wrong

on the plus side my buru pulls SO MUCH HARDER

im in love all over again

I Support ClubWRX
    so i finally made it to the stealership they replaced my air/fuel ratio sensor my MAF sensor and my fuel pump they charged me like 550 i was probably ripped off but screw it i didnt know what was wrong

on the plus side my buru pulls SO MUCH HARDER

im in love all over again
    GOod to hear. Yeah, you can't complain about the $ if they fix it.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12