Horrible noise - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Horrible noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; turns out you where right it was the trans/diff good call...

turns out you where right it was the trans/diff good call

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was it the pinion bearing? What exactly did they replace?

well they told me that i completly fried my diff and i had cracked my bell-housing

dear lord...So Im assuming your just going to get another gearbox?...PPG's?, Dogbox?, STI 6 spd?

Im preety new to subaru i mean they told me i could just replace the trans/diff and i would be good what would you do?

well..im not to sure what your going to do with the car...do you plan on putting on a larger turbo or doing any other power upgrades?...do you race it alot/beat on it? take it to the track?...If you do any of these things I would def. recommend putting something in it other than the stock gearbox...Personally my engine is putting out around 500 HP and i still have the stock gear box...I dont beat on the car though....driven properly I think these gearboxes are fine...Its just when you start to drive them hard and do all kinds of power upgrades the stock gearbox is usually the first thing that goes...

I dont think im going to hit 500 hp but i do want to go bigger turbo and injectors and a front mount

Man..If you have the funds I would go with either a PPG gearbox or a 6spd swap...

What do you think that would run me?

well it really all depends on what you want...Ive seen guys do successful 6spd swaps for around 2500 in parts (they do the labor themselves)..as for the PPG's I cant really give you an estimate because with the PPG's you can choose which gears you want done...I know its kind of popular to replace 1st,2nd,and 3rd with hardened gears and leave 4th and 5th stock...check out Welcome to Andrewtech Automotive Online - The Premier Facility for Performance-Minded Subaru and Import Owners ....for the PPG's

o3 wrx cluk clul noise whe i turning to the left ?

i was drinving my car i recently it makes a noise when i turn a real tie curve to the left sounds like a back axle but i replace the axle on the driver side and still make the same noise can so one help me what could it be ? it drive fine ,shifts fine i gears work just the kluck kluck noise when turning real hard .

Quote Originally Posted by lesterwrx03 View Post
    i was drinving my car i recently it makes a noise when i turn a real tie curve to the left sounds like a back axle but i replace the axle on the driver side and still make the same noise can so one help me what could it be ? it drive fine ,shifts fine i gears work just the kluck kluck noise when turning real hard .
    ultimate thread jack there buddy...

How many miles are on your car? is it a clicking noise? does the whole car feel like it vibrates?...take your car to a parking lot when its up to operating temp and do a series of figure eights do you get the noise? which axle did you replace front or rear drivers side? was this noise present before you replaced the axle? and modifications to the car?

sounds like a cv to me is it a clicking noise....?

don know what the problem?

when i turn fast in my o3 wrx sound like something clicking or sliping real hard sounds like a cv join broke on the driver side i replace it the axel the other day but still make the same noise cliking the hole car shake . i tuck it to the subaru this guy told it must be cv join or the differential but the car shift fine . could the be the differential i heard is expensive to change it he said just the part cost 800 dollars ?

how many miles are on the car? does it matter wheather the vehicle is warmed up or not? It is somewhat rare for the CV joint to actually break unless of course you where beating on the car (launching it and such)..from the info youve given im going to say three things...differental, cv joint, or vc unit....you said the whole car shakes...well i find it hard to belive it being a cv joint than...my bet would be the vc unit or the differential...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.