loud knocking noise, jerking drivers side while turning at low speed - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on loud knocking noise, jerking drivers side while turning at low speed within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Bugeyez Hi mate, Im not sure how many K's are on the donor box as I got ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeyez View Post
    Hi mate,

Im not sure how many K's are on the donor box as I got it from a Jap Import Wreckers - Came out of a GT Forester Turbo (Think you call them something different in the states)

Will see what the wreckers say regarding footing the bill for a replacement coupling, we will likely just split the centre off the box and use my old one in the mean time.

I can get a complete new unit for 850 but dont really want to outlay myself considering the box has warranty for parts and labour.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on it, Im sure you know the horrible crack crack crack sound im talking about when doing figure 8's and circles

No prob. man, it is an awful noise, I asked myself fore I had no idea what it was years and years ago when I bought my first Subaru....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

All sorted :D

Well the good news is, I replaced the Viscous Coupling today and all is good, No more torque bind and horrible noises.

Took me good part of a few hours to do, but I took my time and was also helping with an engine swap so that took me away from my car a few times.

So if your getting any binding or loud cracking and knocking when loading up the transfer case with circles and figure 8's then I would pretty well say that its the Viscous Coupling 100%

Cheers for the input Evoeatr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123