My Strangest Subaru Engine Failure Story... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My Strangest Subaru Engine Failure Story... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Oh, and they can do whatever work you need. It's really a cool shop....

Oh, and they can do whatever work you need. It's really a cool shop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan View Post
    Didn't know they rated their techs... I love how places come up with these tall tales to give you confidence in their techs abilities and to deflect culpability. Do they have like auto tech tournaments or something? Your tech probably had a bye in the first round, lol. #2 tech in the country...egads. If the #2 is based on productivity, he's the second to LAST guy I'd want working on my car.
    Dude, you're going to get a kick out of this. I can't believe it. So I'm posting this same story over at AWDpirates which is my local Colorado WRX forum, and guess who chimes in? The Master Tech who was the final guy to work on my car and put my new short block in! Can you believe it. And to make things even more funny, I guess Subaru DOES have national competitions, and he did place in the top 5 for the US. Check this: First Subaru U.S. National Technician Competition The dude's name is Bret Carter.
    Crazy small world huh?

LMAO!! That is TOO much!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    LMAO! man that is so funny! I know right? They'll tell you any fairy tales to give you confidence hahaha I thought about saying "yea? well where's the #1 tech? I'd rather have him work on my car" lol auto tech tournaments hahaha man OK i'm sorry I can't stop laughing I am gonna save this
    Actually there are national technician competitions held, where the techs are given tasks to say diagnose a problem and fix it in a certain amout of time, etc. We had one of the highest ranked techs (might have been the overall winner, actually) at the Jag dealer I worked at a few years ago.

So the SM could have been blowing smoke, or he could have been legitimately referring to something like this.

EDIT, whoops, looks like I was beat to the punch. I fail to see what is funny about this though
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
    Actually there are national technician competitions held, where the techs are given tasks to say diagnose a problem and fix it in a certain amout of time, etc. We had one of the highest ranked techs (might have been the overall winner, actually) at the Jag dealer I worked at a few years ago.

So the SM could have been blowing smoke, or he could have been legitimately referring to something like this.

EDIT, whoops, looks like I was beat to the punch. I fail to see what is funny about this though

Maybe you weren't the one with the broke *** car...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.