Messed up my front suspension
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Messed up my front suspension within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I messed up my front end and my front right tire is sitting toe out. I have no money to ...

Messed up my front suspension

I messed up my front end and my front right tire is sitting toe out. I have no money to immediately and i have no other transportation, if i drive on it for a couple months what harm can i cause?
    God created turbo lag to give V-8's a chance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well...most obviously your going to have extreme uneven tire wear...It all really depends how far the toe is out....Pic's here would help alot....do you know exactly what you bent/ F***** up on your suspension?...If the toe is out like ALOT your prob. putting more stress on other parts of the steering/suspension system so my bet is you could have the possibility of damaging other componants....But as I said it all depends how bad you messed things up...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You could also cause an accident.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

This is the harm that it could cause.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    You could also cause an accident.
    This man can see the future!
    See here for proof! http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1997991

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh, snap.

For my next prediction please paypal $200 to johndoe@oldfarts.net

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, since there are no takers, I'll give the first prediction for free: NASIOC OT will become a haven for unsympathetic gawkers who like to laugh at people's misfortune and belittle them for their mistakes.

OP - glad to find out you're fine and sorry about the car. I do hope you can clarify whether you got this alignment issue straightened out which would be a reasonable assumption given it has been over a year.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I do hope you can clarify whether you got this alignment issue straightened out which would be a reasonable assumption given it has been over a year.

+1

Wondering what may have caused the blow out..

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    +1

Wondering what may have caused the blow out..
    the blowout isn't really the problem, it's the rolling of the car following the blow out. Hundreds of thousands of people have tire failures each year, however, 99.99% of those do not result in roll overs. Which leads me and others on OT to believe there are underlying issues that caused the roll over, not directly related to a tire blowout.

I'm am glad the OP and his passengers were not more severely injured or killed by this accident. However, this should serve as a warning about the need to repair suspension components when damaged ASAP.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.