How to change power steering/alt belt?

This is a discussion on How to change power steering/alt belt? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, I have snapped my power steering/ alternator belt. Already bought the replacement belt. Can someone walk me through ...

How to change power steering/alt belt?

Hello everyone, I have snapped my power steering/ alternator belt. Already bought the replacement belt.

Can someone walk me through what I will need and how I can put on the new belt? Please keep in mind I am kind of a noob at car work, pics would be a great help. Thanks

edit: it is an 04 wrx sti

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here you go dude.... http://ken-gilbert.com/wrx/mans/2%20...C%20ENGINE.PDF ...These belts are easy as pie to replace.....remember 1/2 inch of deflection for every 12 inches of free length is the proper adjustment.... the only thing i will add to this is.....
    belt cover bolts: 10mm (with the exception of the one that goes threw the alternator (12mm)
    Lock bolts: 12mm
    Adjusting bolts:12mm
    as for the drivers idler pulley lock bolt for the AC..if you have a zero offset long reach 12mm wrench it makes the job 1,000,000 times easier....
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 02-28-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Here you go dude.... http://ken-gilbert.com/wrx/mans/2%20...C%20ENGINE.PDF ...These belts are easy as pie to replace.....remember 1/2 inch of deflection for every 12 inches of free length is the proper adjustment.... the only thing i will add to this is.....
    belt cover bolts: 10mm (with the exception of the one that goes threw the alternator (12mm)
    Lock bolts: 12mm
    Adjusting bolts:12mm
    as for the drivers idler pulley lock bolt for the AC..if you have a zero offset long reach 12mm wrench it makes the job 1,000,000 times easier....
    Very helpful. Thanks.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

no prob. man...