OBD 2 codes

This is a discussion on OBD 2 codes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have not been on here in quite some time, but anyway.. My CEL came on so i went to ...

OBD 2 codes

I have not been on here in quite some time, but anyway..

My CEL came on so i went to autozone and had the codes read and it came back p1410 and p2440 and they have no information on those two codes. I have searched the best i could and found a few list of Subaru codes but I can find either one of them. I know their are dealers on here any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The car is a 2007 TR if that makes a differance, and i found that the P1410 is "Secondary air injection valve system stuck open"

What the hell dose that mean

And a few mins later I find the P2440 code means the same thing. Now I suppose im asking about this air pump. It dose not sound like it will be any issue running with it malfunctioning for the time being
    Last edited by RDB81; 02-28-2009 at 10:15 AM.

There are two valves kind of under the intercooler/intake manifold.....my first check when it comes to any of the AIR system valve codes is to connect the green diag. connectors, turn the ignition to run KOEO (key on engine off) and stick a long screwdriver/mechanics stethoscope down on the valve and see if its clicking...(opening/closing)...Personally I would do this first....I have seen a few of these valves go bad....but its not "common"....obviously do a through visual inspection of the Air pump and associated wiring and vacuum plumbing...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    There are two valves kind of under the intercooler/intake manifold.....my first check when it comes to any of the AIR system valve codes is to connect the green diag. connectors, turn the ignition to run KOEO (key on engine off) and stick a long screwdriver/mechanics stethoscope down on the valve and see if its clicking...(opening/closing)...Personally I would do this first....I have seen a few of these valves go bad....but its not "common"....obviously do a through visual inspection of the Air pump and associated wiring and vacuum plumbing...
    Old thread I know.... I went stage 2 a month ago and everything has been great. This morning, I let the car warm up in the driveway since it was cold. When I got back in the car after 5 minutes, the CEL was on. I plugged the AP in and it read out the P1410 code. I cleared the code, drove 40 miles to work and it didn't come back on. I have been boosting right where the AP stage 2 map says (maxing around .11-.12mpA) I should.

In researching this issue, I find lots of posts on different sites, but not many solutions that are verified to work.

OP - What was the solution to your problem?

Thanks so much.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

stage 2 - P1410 CEL

The code seems to come back and haunt.... I believe it is only happening when it is cold outside (below 30 degrees) and first thing in the morning. If I delete the code and the engine is still cold, it comes back on. If I wait until the engine warms up and delete the code, the light stays off until the next cold start.

I am at a loss for what is wrong.

Also - it seems when the CEL/cruise lights are on, my car runs smooth, but boost is limited to under 6psi. Is this normal? Does the ECU limit boost when an active CEL is present? When I delete the CEL, boost goes back to normal stage 2 levels.

Thanks - I have checked wiring harness's and don't see anything obvious yet.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

The cold/warm issue is probably because the PCM (engine computer) only checks the system when it is cold. Typical OBDII behavior since it's an emissions related part.
    I think the boost limit is from the CEL/Cruise lights being on, as a safety precaution.
    Did you connect the test connectors and listen for checks being done? If you can try that after clearing the code and watch the CEL to be lit again.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox